We, the parents, families and friends of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, celebrate diversity and envision a society that embraces everyone, including those of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities. Only with respect, dignity and equality for all will we reach our full potential as human beings, individually and collectively. PFLAG welcomes the participation and support of all who share in and hope to realize this vision.
PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through:
- Support to cope with an adverse society
- Education to enlighten an ill-informed public, and
- Advocacy to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights.
Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
- Build the capacity of our organization at every level so that we may have all the resources in the form of information, people and funding necessary to move forward in our work with the greatest possible effect.
- Create a world in which our young people may grow up and be educated with freedom from fear of violence, bullying and other forms of discrimination, regardless of their real or perceived gender identity or sexual orientation or that of their families.
- Make our vision and our message accessible to the broadest range of ethnic and cultural communities, ending the isolation of families with gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender family members within those communities.
- Work toward full inclusion of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons within their chosen communities of faith.
- Create a society in which all GLBT persons may openly and safely pursue the career path of their choice and may be valued and encouraged to grow to their full potential in the workplace.
- Create a society in which all GLBT may enjoy, in every aspect of their lives, full civil and legal equality and may participate fully in all the rights, privledges and obligations of full citizenship in this country.
We welcome the participation and support of all who share in our Vision and Mission and who hope to realize these goals.